The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

I read this book for the MMD Reading Challenge 2017- For Fun
Category: Book in a Genre you Usually Avoid


I avoid celebrity memoirs, mostly because I feel that I can get enough celebrity news from the internet and tv. I don't want to read books about that subject in most cases. I chose The Princess Diarist because I love Star Wars, and this memoir takes place during the filming. I had very mixed feelings about this book. Fisher is hilarious and relatable, at times far to crass for my liking, but candid. Her diaries from when she was young were probably the most interesting part to me. Her affair with Harrison was just so heartbreaking to me. She tries to defend him, but I think it's awful. Right after he "rescues" her from some co-workers who have gotten her plastered, he takes her into his car and makes out with her. He was 15 years older than her, and married with two kids. It was also heartbreaking because she idolized him so much. The contrast between her diaries and her current thoughts made for a good read, but I can't say that I really liked it, or really hated it. It was just such a mixed bag for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight by Anonymous