Dot and the Kangaroo by Ethel C. Pedley

Back to the Classics 2017 Reading Challenge:
Category: Classic about an animal or which includes the name of an animal in the title

MMD Reading Challenge 2017 - For Fun:  Book set somewhere you've never been, but would like to visit

I'm giving this book 4 stars. I enjoyed it so much. Dot gets lost in the Australian Bush and is befriended by a Kangaroo. She meets many creatures while trying to find her way back home. I loved the descriptions of the Bush and the creatures that live there. This is a really good children's book, and the only problem I had with it is that all humans are demonized. There is no distinction made between poachers and those who hunt for food. I have always wanted visit Australia, even though some things about Australia terrify me, for example, killer spiders. I actually used to watch the Dot movies when I was a kid. I had no idea that it was based on this book until I was looking for books to read for the Challenges. I'm really glad I found it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight by Anonymous